Maryland Code, Commercial Law § 9-618
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) A secondary obligor acquires the rights and becomes obligated to perform the duties of the secured party after the secondary obligor:
(1) Receives an assignment of a secured obligation from the secured party;
(2) Receives a transfer of collateral from the secured party and agrees to accept the rights and assume the duties of the secured party; or
(3) Is subrogated to the rights of a secured party with respect to collateral.
(b) An assignment, transfer, or subrogation described in subsection (a):
(1) Is not a disposition of collateral under § 9-610; and
(2) Relieves the secured party of further duties under this title.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Commercial Law § 9-618 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/commercial-law/md-code-coml-sect-9-618/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?