Maryland Code, Business Regulation § 6-507
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) For each fund-raising drive, campaign, or event, a professional solicitor shall keep records that show:
(1) all compensation received for services rendered and expenses incurred;
(2) the name and address of each associate solicitor;
(3) the amount of compensation paid to each associate solicitor and the dates when payments were made;
(4) the name, address, and telephone number of each person solicited who made a pledge or charitable contribution;
(5) the date of each charitable solicitation;
(6) each amount pledged or contributed; and
(7) if a refund was requested, the date the refund was made.
(b) The professional solicitor shall keep the records for at least 3 years after the end of the fund-raising drive, campaign, or event.
(c)(1) A professional solicitor shall make the records available to the Secretary of State for inspection and copying upon reasonable notice and at any hearing that the Secretary of State holds.
(2) If the records of an organization are maintained outside the State, upon reasonable notice, the organization shall make the records or certified copies of the records available at the Office of the Secretary of State.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Business Regulation § 6-507 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/business-regulation/md-code-bus-reg-sect-6-507/
Was this helpful?