Maryland Code, Business Regulation § 11-519
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Until the conveyance required under subsection (d) of this section, the owner of the Bowie Race Course Training Center shall operate the Center as a thoroughbred training facility to provide more stall space for a race meeting that a licensee holds.
(b) Until the conveyance required under subsection (d) of this section, the owner of the Bowie Race Course Training Center is responsible for the cost to improve, maintain, and operate the Center.
(c) As long as the Bowie Race Course Training Center is used for the purpose specified in subsection (a) of this section, the Commission shall have general regulatory jurisdiction over the Center to:
(1) provide enough stalls;
(2) maintain safe operating conditions;
(3) require the owner of the Center to submit an annual operating financial statement; and
(4) order reasonable improvements.
(d)(1)(i) On or before December 31, 2023, the owner of the Bowie Race Course Training Center shall convey the Bowie Race Course Training Center property to the City of Bowie “as is”, with all defects that may exist, whether known or unknown, and without any express or implied warranty, guarantee by, or recourse against the conveyor of the property.
(ii) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the conveyor of the Bowie Race Course Training Center property shall be held harmless against any and all claims and risks, now or in the future, arising directly or indirectly from, or in any way related to, the condition of the property or conveyance, with all those claims and risks assumed by the City of Bowie.
(2) The portion of the Bowie Race Course Training Center property transferred to the City of Bowie that is within 100 feet of the top of the Patuxent River bank shall be used for passive recreational activities, including hiking, wildlife viewing, picnicking, and walking.
(3) The portion of the Bowie Race Course Training Center property transferred to the City of Bowie not described under paragraph (2) of this subsection may:
(i) be used only for active recreational activities, including baseball, football, soccer, and cricket; and
(ii) have only one structure that is up to 50,000 square feet constructed on the property.
(4) On or before January 1, 2021, the City of Bowie shall enter into a joint use agreement, including an easement, with Bowie State University for the future use of the property described under paragraph (3) of this subsection.
(5) The City of Bowie and Bowie State University shall report to the General Assembly, in accordance with § 2-1257 of the State Government Article, on the final terms of the joint use agreement entered into under this subsection.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Business Regulation § 11-519 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/business-regulation/md-code-bus-reg-sect-11-519/
Was this helpful?