Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The Department, in consultation with the University of Maryland, shall develop a program of public education that shall include:
(1) The dissemination of information regarding nutrient pollution;
(2) Best management practices for fertilizer use;
(3) Soil testing;
(4) Proper interpretation of fertilizer label instructions; and
(5) The proper use and calibration of fertilizer application equipment.
(b) The University of Maryland shall identify laboratories that:
(1) Follow the recommended soil testing procedures for the mid-Atlantic United States; and
(2) Provide a final report to a requestor of soil testing with the results of a soil test.
(c) The University of Maryland shall review its fertilizer turf guidelines every 3 years and revise the guidelines as necessary, with consideration of plant nutrient requirements and established State goals to protect water quality in the waters of the State.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Agriculture § 8-803.7 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/agriculture/md-code-agric-sect-8-803-7/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.