Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The following actions shall be commenced within five (5) years after the cause of action accrued:
(1) An action upon a contract not in writing, express or implied.
(2) An action upon a liability created by statute, when no other time is fixed by the statute creating the liability.
(3) An action for a penalty or forfeiture when no time is fixed by the statute prescribing it.
(4) An action for trespass on real or personal property.
(5) An action for the profits of or damages for withholding real or personal property.
(6) An action for an injury to the rights of the plaintiff, not arising on contract and not otherwise enumerated.
(7) An action upon a bill of exchange, check, draft or order, or any endorsement thereof, or upon a promissory note, placed upon the footing of a bill of exchange.
(8) An action to enforce the liability of a steamboat or other vessel.
(9) An action upon a merchant's account for goods sold and delivered, or any article charged in such store account.
(10) An action upon an account concerning the trade of merchandise, between merchant and merchant or their agents.
(11) An action for relief or damages on the ground of fraud or mistake.
(12) An action to enforce the liability of bail.
(13) An action for personal injuries suffered by any person against the builder of a home or other improvements. This cause of action shall be deemed to accrue at the time of original occupancy of the improvements which the builder caused to be erected.
(a)(1) The Nuclear Planning and Response Program Advisory Committee shall be established and shall be composed of the following elected officials:
(A) The county judge of Conway County, Arkansas;
(B) The county judge of Johnson County, Arkansas;
(C) The county judge of Logan County, Arkansas;
(D) The county judge of Pope County, Arkansas;
(E) The county judge of Yell County, Arkansas;
(F) The mayor of Atkins, Arkansas;
(G) The mayor of Clarksville, Arkansas;
(H) The mayor of Danville, Arkansas;
(I) The mayor of Dardanelle, Arkansas;
(J) The mayor of Dover, Arkansas;
(K) The mayor of Knoxville, Arkansas;
(L) The mayor of London, Arkansas;
(M) The mayor of Morrilton, Arkansas;
(N) The mayor of Paris, Arkansas; and
(O) The mayor of Russellville, Arkansas.
(2) A committee member may designate a proxy, in writing, to serve in his or her absence.
(b) The committee shall:
(1) Be aware of the ongoing programs of the Nuclear Planning and Response Program as they relate to continuous environmental radiation surveillance, training and education of persons residing in the ten-mile Emergency Planning Zone, immediate emergency response capability, dissemination of information to the public, and evacuation procedures;
(2) Advise on the applicability of any federal guidelines that may affect their respective towns and counties;
(3) Review and comment regarding the operations and coordination of required annual exercises as they relate to their off-site emergency capabilities to respond to a radiological incident at Arkansas Nuclear One, Units One and Two;
(4) Meet at least one (1) time in each fiscal year and at other times on the call of the Director of the State Radiation Control Agency or his or her designee. A written and timely notice of the time, place, and purpose of meetings shall be mailed by the State Radiation Control Agency to all committee members; and
(5) Conduct meetings in such a fashion that the local public has received adequate notice and that space is provided for attendance.
(c) Committee members may receive expense reimbursement from the Arkansas Nuclear Planning and Response Fund in accordance with § 25-16-901 et seq.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XXXVI. Statutory Actions and Limitations § 413.120. Actions to be brought within five years - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ky/title-xxxvi-statutory-actions-and-limitations/ky-rev-st-sect-413-120/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.