(1) A hearing officer appointed by the secretary shall conduct dispute hearings in
the county of the child or parent's residence or any other location acceptable to
the parent, which shall be scheduled within sixty (60) days of the parent's request
for a hearing. The dispute hearing proceedings shall be conducted in accordance with KRS Chapter
(2) The parent's obligation to pay minimum monthly support shall be stayed until
his receipt of the final order.
(3) The parent or the cabinet may file an appeal in the Circuit Court in the county
of the parent's or the child's residence in accordance with KRS Chapter 13B.
(4) The parent shall, during the pendency of his appeal from the final order, absent
a showing of indigency or need exceeding the child's need, pay the minimum monthly
support obligation to the cabinet, which shall, if the parent's appeal is successful,
return his money together with interest at the legal rate for judgments.
(5) If the cabinet elects to conduct the modification review as specified in KRS 405.430(6), either party may contest the adjustment to the obligation amount within thirty (30)
days after the date of the notice of the adjustment by requesting a review under subsection
(1) of this section and, if appropriate, a request for adjustment of the order as
permitted by this chapter.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.