(1) Before transacting business in this Commonwealth, a foreign limited liability
partnership shall file a statement of foreign qualification. The statement shall contain:
(a) The name of the foreign limited liability partnership which satisfies the requirements
of KRS 14A.3-010;
(b) The street address of the partnership's chief executive office and, if different,
the street address of an office of the partnership in this Commonwealth, if any;
(c) The partnership's registered office and the name of its registered agent at that
office, which shall comply with KRS 14A.4-010; and
(d) Its jurisdiction of organization.
(2) The status of a partnership as a foreign limited liability partnership remains
effective, regardless of changes in the partnership, until it is canceled pursuant
to KRS 362.1-105(4) or revoked pursuant to KRS 14A.9-080.
(3) If the name of a foreign limited liability partnership is not distinguishable
upon the records of the Secretary of State, then it may file a statement of foreign
qualification using a fictitious name that is distinguishable upon the records of
the Secretary of State, in which instance the statement of foreign qualification shall
be filed under the fictitious name, shall recite that the partnership has filed the
statement of foreign qualification under a fictitious name, and shall include in the
statement its real name in its jurisdiction of organization.
(4) Whether a foreign limited liability partnership is transacting business in the
Commonwealth shall be determined under KRS 14A.9-010(2).
(5) The consequences to a foreign limited liability partnership transacting business
without a statement of foreign qualification shall be as set forth in KRS 14A.9-020.
(6) A statement of foreign qualification shall authorize the foreign limited liability
partnership to transact business in this Commonwealth subject to the right of the
Commonwealth to revoke the statement.
(7) A foreign limited liability partnership, having filed a statement of foreign
qualification, shall have the same as, but no greater rights than, and shall have
the same, but no greater privileges than, and except as otherwise provided by this
subchapter, shall be subject to the same duties, restrictions, penalties, and liabilities
now or later imposed on, a limited liability partnership.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.