(1) Subject to KRS 355.9-509, a person may add or delete collateral covered by, continue or terminate the effectiveness
of, or, subject to subsection (5) of this section, otherwise amend the information
provided in, a financing statement by filing an amendment that:
(a) Identifies, by its file number, the initial financing statement to which the amendment
(b) If the amendment relates to an initial financing statement filed in a filing office
described in KRS 355.9-501(1)(a), provides the information specified in KRS 355.9-502(2).
(2) Except as otherwise provided in KRS 355.9-515, the filing of an amendment does not extend the period of effectiveness of the financing
(3) A financing statement that is amended by an amendment that adds collateral is
effective as to the added collateral only from the date of the filing of the amendment.
(4) A financing statement that is amended by an amendment that adds a debtor is effective
as to the added debtor only from the date of the filing of the amendment.
(5) An amendment is ineffective to the extent it:
(a) Purports to delete all debtors and fails to provide the name of a debtor to be
covered by the financing statement; or
(b) Purports to delete all secured parties of record and fails to provide the name
of a new secured party of record.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.