Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) A special temporary alcoholic beverage auction license may be issued to a charitable or nonprofit organization.
(2) A special temporary alcoholic beverage auction license shall authorize the holder to:
(a) Purchase, transport, receive, possess, store, sell, and deliver alcoholic beverages to be sold by auction or raffle or consumed at charity or nonprofit events;
(b) Purchase, transport, receive, possess, store, sell, and deliver limited specially labeled bottles of alcoholic beverages to be sold at charity or nonprofit events;
(c) Obtain alcoholic beverages from distillers, rectifiers, wineries, small farm wineries, brewers, microbreweries, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, or any other person, by gift or donation, for the purpose of charity or nonprofit events; and
(d) Receive payment for alcoholic beverages sold at events.
(3) Each alcoholic beverage auction or raffle conducted by a charitable organization shall be subject to all restrictions and limitations contained in KRS Chapters 241 to 244 and the administrative regulations issued under those chapters and shall be authorized only on the days and only during the hours that the sale of alcoholic beverages is otherwise authorized in the county or municipality.
(4) The location at which the alcoholic beverages are auctioned, raffled, or consumed under this section shall not constitute a public place for the purpose of KRS Chapter 222. Charitable or nonprofit events may be conducted on licensed or unlicensed premises. The charitable organization possessing a special temporary alcoholic beverage auction license shall post a copy of the license at the location of the event.
(5) A special temporary alcoholic beverage auction license shall not be issued for any period longer than thirty (30) days.
(6) Notwithstanding any other provision of KRS Chapters 241 to 244, a distiller, rectifier, winery, small farm winery, brewer, microbrewery, wholesaler, distributor, or retailer may donate, give away, or deliver any of its products to a charitable or nonprofit organization possessing a special temporary alcoholic beverage auction license under this section.
(7) All restrictions and prohibitions applying to an alcoholic beverage retail package and alcoholic beverage by the drink license, not inconsistent with this section, shall apply to a special temporary alcoholic beverage auction license.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XX. Alcoholic Beverages § 243.036. Special temporary alcoholic beverage auction license - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ky/title-xx-alcoholic-beverages/ky-rev-st-sect-243-036/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?