Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) Notwithstanding KRS 242.125, when the voters of any precinct located either partially or entirely within a qualifying city make KRS 242.220 to 242.430 apply to the precinct, the provisions of KRS 242.220 to 242.430 shall apply throughout the entire territory of the precinct, except in any area exempted under subsection (2) of this section. For purposes of this section, a “qualifying city” means a city that contains a total population of twelve thousand (12,000) or greater within its municipal boundaries, based on the most recent decennial census.
(2) The provisions of KRS 242.220 to 242.430 shall not apply to any of the following that existed in a precinct prior to the submission of a petition under KRS 242.020 for that precinct:
(a) An entertainment destination center project meeting the qualifications of KRS 148.853(2)(b);
(b) A theme restaurant destination attraction project meeting the qualifications of KRS 148.853(2)(c); or
(c) Within the established boundaries of a district of special interest created by the city pursuant to the provisions of KRS 100.203(1)(e) that:
1. Is designated as an entertainment district; and
2. Has a minimum direct investment by the city government in infrastructure or other public space of at least five million dollars ($5,000,000).
(3) The boundaries of a district of special interest meeting the qualifications of subsection (2)(c) of this section shall not be enlarged or modified to include any additional territory at any time after the submission of a petition under KRS 242.020 unless the voters of the precinct do not make KRS 242.220 to 242.430 apply to the precinct.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XX. Alcoholic Beverages § 242.195. Vote for prohibition in precinct of a city with population of 12,000 or more to be applied precinct-wide; exemptions - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ky/title-xx-alcoholic-beverages/ky-rev-st-sect-242-195/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?