Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) The provisions of KRS 217B.020 to 217B.180 relating to licenses or registration and requirements for their issuance shall not apply to any farmer owner of ground equipment applying nonrestricted use pesticides for himself or his farmer neighbors if he applies the pesticides for his farmer neighbors without compensation other than trading of personal services.
(2) The licensing or registration provisions of KRS 217B.020 to 217B.180 shall not apply to any person using handpowered equipment, devices, or contrivances to apply nonrestricted use pesticides to lawns, or to ornamental shrubs and trees not in excess of twelve (12) feet high, as an incidental part of his activity of taking care of his household lawn and yard or those of his neighbors, on the condition that the person shall not publicly hold himself out as being in the business of applying pesticides, and shall not accept compensation other than the trading of personal services for the activity.
(3) KRS 217B.020 to 217B.180 shall not apply to operators presently licensed and regulated under the provisions of KRS 249.250 to 249.340 on June 17, 1978, except that if required by EPA regulations the persons may be issued, without additional fees or examination, an applicator's license to enable them to purchase and use restricted use pesticides in accordance with the requirements of the Federal Environmental Pesticide Control Act of 1972.
(4) The registration provisions of KRS 217B.105 shall not apply to any noncommercial applicator.
(5) The licensing provisions of KRS 217B.080 shall not apply to any trainee.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XVIII. Public Health § 217B.180. Exemptions from licensing or registration - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ky/title-xviii-public-health/ky-rev-st-sect-217b-180/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?