Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
It shall be unlawful:
(1) For any person to detach, alter, deface, or destroy, in whole or in part, any label or labeling provided for in KRS 217.542 to 217.630 or the regulations adopted hereunder, or to add any substance to, or take any substance from a pesticide in a manner that may defeat the purposes of KRS 217.542 to 217.630 or the regulations adopted hereunder;
(2) For any person to use for his own advantage or to reveal, other than to the department, or proper officials or employees of the state or officials or employees of EPA, or other federal agencies, or to the courts in response to a subpoena, or to physicians, or in emergencies to pharmacists and other qualified persons for use in the preparation of antidotes, in accordance with such directions as the department may prescribe, any information relative to formulas of products, or trade secrets or other confidential information obtained under authority of KRS 217.542 to 217.630;
(3) For any person to oppose or interfere in any way with the department or its duly authorized agents in carrying out the duties imposed by KRS 217.542 to 217.630 or any regulations adopted hereunder;
(4) For any person to handle, transport, store, display or distribute pesticides in such a manner as to endanger man and his environment, or to endanger food, feed, or any other products that may be transported, stored, displayed or distributed with such pesticides; and
(5) For any person to dispose of, discard, or store any pesticides or pesticide containers in such a manner as to cause injury to humans, vegetation, crops or livestock, wildlife, beneficial insects, or to pollute any water supply or waterway.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XVIII. Public Health § 217.560. Unlawful practices - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ky/title-xviii-public-health/ky-rev-st-sect-217-560/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?