Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) The secretary for health and family services may, from the funds available, employ, by contract or otherwise such medical, clinical, technical, and other personnel that he deems necessary to effectuate the purposes of KRS 211.130 to 211.160, and fix and pay their compensation and necessary traveling expenses.
(2) The secretary for health and family services may, from the funds available, procure, by purchase or lease or otherwise, such property, equipment, services, facilities, and supplies that he deems necessary to effectuate the purposes of KRS 211.130 to 211.160.
(3) The secretary for health and family services is authorized to accept, on behalf of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, all gifts, donations, contributions, grants, devises, bequests, and conveyances of real and personal property for establishing, providing, and maintaining the services and facilities described in KRS 211.150, subject only to the condition that same shall be devoted to and used for said purposes. All funds received by the secretary for health and family services shall be deposited in the State Treasury and credited to a trust and agency fund account and expended only for purposes authorized by KRS 211.130 to 211.160.
(4) The secretary for health and family services may make and issue all necessary rules and regulations to carry out KRS 211.130 to 211.160; provided, however, that no educable person shall be eligible for any benefits hereunder unless he is, and has been continuously for at least twelve (12) months immediately preceding the date of his application therefor, an actual resident of this state.
(5) The secretary for health and family services may delegate to any division of the cabinet, or to any director thereof, any and all of his authority and duties hereunder.
(6) Upon request of the secretary for health and family services, approved in writing by the Governor, any cabinet, agency, or commission of the Commonwealth shall furnish without cost to the cabinet such services, facilities, and assistance as are available and, in the judgment of the secretary for health and family services and the Governor, required, to effectuate the purposes of KRS 211.130 to 211.160 or its administration which is hereby vested in the cabinet.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XVIII. Public Health § 211.160. Powers of secretary of the cabinet in providing service to handicapped persons - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ky/title-xviii-public-health/ky-rev-st-sect-211-160/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?