Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
All community labor shall be under the supervision of the court and subject to the following:
(1) (a) No period of labor shall be less than four (4) hours to qualify for satisfaction of a sentence;
(b) A “day” shall mean eight (8) hours of labor;
(c) A “month” shall mean twenty (20) days of labor;
(d) Periods of labor four (4) hours or longer may be cumulated to meet the requirements under this section;
(2) Labor shall be done for public agencies, nonprofit corporations or eleemosynary institutions only;
(3) Any agency for whom a person works shall agree to supervise such person and report to the court:
(a) The hours worked,
(b) The quality of the work,
(c) The nature of the work;
(4) An agency may refuse to accept persons under this program or to accept any particular person or persons sent by the court;
(5) The court shall maintain a list of agencies willing to accept and supervise persons sentenced under this program;
(6) The court may contract, at no cost to the state or participant, with any public agency or nonprofit corporation or eleemosynary institution for the supervision of persons in the program;
(7) No work performed under this program shall be deemed employment for any purpose nor shall the person performing such work be considered an employee;
(8) Failure to complete the community labor ordered by the court, to perform diligently at that labor, or to pay the fee required shall constitute contempt of court and the court shall, in addition to any other remedy for contempt, reinstitute all penalties which were previously imposed but suspended or delayed pending completion of the community labor.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XVI. Motor Vehicles § 189A.020. Community labor program; terms and conditions - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ky/title-xvi-motor-vehicles/ky-rev-st-sect-189a-020/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.