(1) The senior force judge advocate shall detail a judge advocate as appellate government
counsel to represent the state in the review or appeal of cases specified in KRS 35.333 and before any federal court when requested to do so by the state Attorney General. Appellate government counsel must be a member in good standing of the bar of the
highest court of the state to which the appeal is taken.
(2) Upon an appeal by the state, an accused has the right to be represented by detailed
military counsel before any reviewing authority and before any appellate court.
(3) Upon the appeal by an accused, the accused has the right to be represented by
military counsel before any reviewing authority.
(4) Upon the request of an accused entitled to be so represented, the senior force
judge advocate shall appoint a judge advocate to represent the accused in the review
or appeal of cases specified in subsections (2) and (3) of this section.
(5) An accused may be represented by civilian appellate counsel at no expense to
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.