(a) This act applies to all agencies and all proceedings for judicial review and civil
enforcement of agency actions not specifically exempted by statute from the provisions
of this act.
(b) This act creates only procedural rights and imposes only procedural duties. They are in addition to those created and imposed by other statutes.
(c) This act does not apply to agency actions:
(1) Of the prisoner review board concerning inmates or persons under parole or conditional
(2) concerning the management, discipline or release of persons in the custody of
the secretary of corrections;
(3) concerning the management, discipline or release of persons in the custody of
the commissioner of juvenile justice;
(4) under the election laws contained in chapter 25 of the Kansas Statutes Annotated, and amendments thereto, except as provided by K.S.A. 25-4185, and amendments thereto;
(5) concerning pardon, commutation of sentence, clemency or extradition;
(6) concerning military or naval affairs other than actions relating to armories;
(7) governed by the provisions of the open records act and subject to an action for
enforcement pursuant to K.S.A. 45-222, and amendments thereto; or
(8) governed by the provisions of K.S.A. 75-4317 et seq., and amendments thereto, relating to open public meetings, and subject to an action
for civil penalties or enforcement pursuant to K.S.A. 75-4320 or 75-4320a, and amendments thereto.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.