Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The Kansas bureau of investigation shall establish a missing and unidentified person information clearinghouse. Such clearinghouse shall be a central repository of information relating to missing and unidentified persons and shall include all information currently entered in the missing and unidentified person system of the Kansas bureau of investigation pursuant to K.S.A. 75-712c, and amendments thereto.
(b) The missing and unidentified persons information clearinghouse shall:
(1) Collect, process, maintain and disseminate statistics and other information relating to missing and unidentified persons in this state;
(2) develop and maintain a system of communication, cooperation and coordination among organizations and agencies within this state which deal with missing persons or unidentified persons or human remains;
(3) cooperate and coordinate with organizations and agencies in other states and agencies of the federal government in efforts to locate missing persons and identify unidentified persons or human remains;
(4) establish such educational services and information as appropriate to aid organizations, agencies and persons dealing with missing persons;
(5) maintain a listing of agencies, individuals and materials pertaining to missing persons activities and programs;
(6) assist in the training of law enforcement and other professionals on issues relating to missing persons and unidentified persons or human remains; and
(7) perform any other services appropriate to aid in the location of missing persons and identification of unidentified persons or human remains.
(c) The director of the Kansas bureau of investigation may apply for, accept and expend grants, gifts and bequests from any source for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this section.
(d) The director of the Kansas bureau of investigation shall adopt such rules and regulations as necessary to implement the provisions of this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kansas Statutes Chapter 75. State Departments; Public Officers and Employees § 75-712d. Same; missing and unidentified person information clearinghouse - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ks/chapter-75-state-departments-public-officers-and-employees/ks-st-sect-75-712d/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?