Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The state council shall:
(1) Study the problems of prevention, education, rehabilitation and other programs affecting the general welfare of the developmentally disabled.
(2) Monitor, review and evaluate, at least annually, the implementation of the state plan for developmental disabilities.
(3) Review and comment, to the maximum extent feasible, on all state plans in the state which relate to programs affecting persons with developmental disabilities.
(4) Submit to the secretary of health and human services, through the governor, such periodic reports on its activities as the secretary of health and human services may reasonably request and keep such records and afford such access thereto as the secretary of health and human services finds necessary to verify such reports. In accordance with federal laws, the state plan for developmental disabilities shall be prepared jointly by the division of the Kansas department for aging and disability services that is responsible for programs for developmental disabilities and the state council.
(5) Study the various state programs for the developmentally disabled and shall have power to make suggestions and recommendations to the various state departments for the coordination and improvements of such programs.
(b) The council may make proposed legislative recommendations having as a function the more efficient, economic and effective realization of intent, purpose and goal of the various programs for the developmentally disabled.
(c) Each state agency represented by membership on the council is hereby authorized to furnish such information, data, reports and statistics requested by the council.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kansas Statutes Chapter 74. State Boards, Commissions and Authorities § 74-5502. State council on developmental disabilities; powers and duties; legislative recommendations; cooperation by state agencies - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ks/chapter-74-state-boards-commissions-and-authorities/ks-st-sect-74-5502/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?