Skip to main content

Kansas Statutes Chapter 74. State Boards, Commissions and Authorities § 74-3275. Same; definitions

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

As used in this act:

(a) “Eligible student” means a person who is: (1) A resident of Kansas;  (2) enrolled at least half time at an eligible educational institution;  (3) in need of financial assistance for the pursuit of courses of study at the eligible educational institution;  and (4) in good standing at the eligible educational institution and capable of maintaining good standing while participating in the program.

(b) “Eligible educational institution” means: (1) Any state educational institution under the control and supervision of the state board;  and (2) any municipal university established and operating under the provisions of article 13a of chapter 13 of Kansas Statutes Annotated.

(c) “Youth education services” or “YES” means services performed by eligible students for the purpose of assisting school districts in the maintenance of special education services for exceptional children, alternative school programs, at risk pupil assistance plans, educational system enhancement plans, bilingual education programs for limited English proficient pupils, vocational education programs, or school programs in general. The services performed may include, but not by way of limitation, such services as mentoring or tutoring, study assistance, outreach activities, and general assistance to teachers and other school personnel.

(d) “Program” means the Kansas work-study program established by this act.

(e) “State board” means the state board of regents.

Cite this article: - Kansas Statutes Chapter 74. State Boards, Commissions and Authorities § 74-3275. Same; definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard