Skip to main content

Kansas Statutes Chapter 59. Probate Code § 59-1508. Unclaimed money

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

If any part of the money on hand has not been paid over because the person entitled thereto cannot be found or refuses to accept the same, or for any other good and sufficient reason, the district court may order the executor or administrator to pay the same to the county treasurer for the same disposition as is provided by K.S.A. 20-2801 for moneys received from forfeitures, except that if the person to whom said sum is ordered to be paid refuses to accept the same when it is tendered such person by the executor or administrator, the court may, either before or after the sum has been deposited, order the same to be paid and distributed to those who would be entitled thereto had the refusing legatee or distributee not been entitled to it.

Upon application to the district court within ten (10) years after such deposit, and upon notice to the county attorney and the county treasurer, the court may order the county treasurer to pay the same to the person entitled thereto. No interest shall be allowed or paid thereon, and if the deposit is not claimed within such time no recovery thereof can be had.

Cite this article: - Kansas Statutes Chapter 59. Probate Code § 59-1508. Unclaimed money - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard