Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) A transfer, in whole or in part, of a partner's transferable interest in the partnership:
(1) Is permissible;
(2) does not by itself cause the partner's dissociation or a dissolution and winding up of the partnership business; and
(3) does not, as against the other partners or the partnership, entitle the transferee, during the continuance of the partnership, to participate in the management or conduct of the partnership business, to require access to information concerning partnership transactions, or to inspect or copy the partnership books or records.
(b) A transferee of a partner's transferable interest in the partnership has a right:
(1) To receive, in accordance with the transfer, distributions to which the transferor would otherwise be entitled;
(2) to receive upon the dissolution and winding up of the partnership business, in accordance with the transfer, the net amount otherwise distributable to the transferor; and
(3) to seek under subsection (f) of K.S.A. 56a-801 a judicial determination that it is equitable to wind up the partnership business.
(c) In a dissolution and winding up, a transferee is entitled to an account of partnership transactions only from the date of the latest account agreed to by all of the partners.
(d) Upon transfer, the transferor retains the rights and duties of a partner other than the interest in distributions transferred.
(e) A partnership need not give effect to a transferee's rights under this section until it has notice of the transfer.
(f) A transfer of a partner's transferable interest in the partnership in violation of a restriction on transfer contained in the partnership agreement is ineffective as to a person having notice of the restriction at the time of transfer.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kansas Statutes Chapter 56A. Kansas Uniform Partnership Act § 56a-503. Transfer of partner's transferable interest - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ks/chapter-56a-kansas-uniform-partnership-act/ks-st-sect-56a-503/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.