Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) No retailer, or employee or agent of a retailer, licensed to sell cereal malt beverage and beer containing not more than 6% alcohol by volume for consumption on the licensed premises shall:
(1) Offer or serve any free cereal malt beverage or beer containing not more than 6% alcohol by volume to any person;
(2) offer or serve to any person a drink at a price that is less than the acquisition cost of the drink to the licensee;
(3) sell, offer to sell or serve to any person an unlimited number of drinks during any set period of time for a fixed price, except at private functions not open to the general public;
(4) encourage or permit, on the licensed premises, any game or contest which involves drinking cereal malt beverage or beer containing not more than 6% alcohol by volume or the awarding of drinks as prizes; or
(5) advertise or promote in any way, whether on or off the licensed premises, any of the practices prohibited under subsections (a)(1) through (4).
(b) A retailer may:
(1) Offer free food or entertainment at any time;
(2) sell, offer to sell and serve individual drinks at different prices throughout any day; or
(3) sell or serve cereal malt beverage in a pitcher capable of containing not more than 64 fluid ounces.
(c) Violation of any provisions of this section is a misdemeanor punishable as provided by K.S.A. 41-2711, and amendments thereto.
(d) Violation of any provision of this act shall be grounds for suspension or revocation of the retailer's license as provided by K.S.A. 41-2708, and amendments thereto.
(e) Every licensee subject to the provisions of this section shall make available at any time upon request a price list showing the licensee's current prices for all cereal malt beverages and beer containing not more than 6% alcohol by volume.
(f) This section shall be part of and supplemental to K.S.A. 41-2701 through 41-2721, and amendments thereto.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kansas Statutes Chapter 41. Intoxicating Liquors and Beverages § 41-2722. Certain sales practices prohibited; penalties - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ks/chapter-41-intoxicating-liquors-and-beverages/ks-st-sect-41-2722/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.