Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) At every location where portable electronics insurance is offered to customers, brochures or other written material shall be made available to a prospective customer which:
(1) Discloses that portable electronics insurance may provide a duplication of coverage already provided by a customer's homeowner's insurance policy, renter's insurance policy or other source of coverage;
(2) states that the enrollment by the customer in a portable electronics insurance program is not required in order to purchase or lease portable electronics devices or services;
(3) summarizes the material terms of the insurance coverage, including:
(A) The identity of the insurer;
(B) the identity of the supervising entity;
(C) the amount of any applicable deductible and how it is to be paid;
(D) benefits of the coverage; and
(E) key terms and conditions of coverage such as whether portable electronics devices may be repaired or replaced with similar make and model, reconditioned, or repaired with nonoriginal manufacturer parts or equipment.
(4) Summarizes the process for filing a claim, including a description of how to return portable electronics devices and the maximum fee applicable in the event the customer fails to comply with any equipment return requirements.
(5) States that the customer may cancel enrollment for coverage under a portable electronics insurance policy at any time and receive any applicable unearned premium refund.
(b) Portable electronics insurance may be offered on a month-to-month or other periodic basis as a group or master commercial policy issued to a vendor of portable electronics devices under which individual customers may elect to enroll for coverage.
(c) Eligibility and underwriting standards for customers electing to enroll in coverage shall be established for each portable electronics insurance program.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kansas Statutes Chapter 40. Insurance § 40-5604. Disclosures required - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ks/chapter-40-insurance/ks-st-sect-40-5604/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.