(a) No consumer reporting agency shall provide or sell data or lists that include
any information, in whole or in part, which was submitted in conjunction with an insurance
inquiry about a consumer's credit information or a request for a credit report or
insurance score. Such information includes, but is not limited to:
(1) The expiration date of an insurance policy or any other information that may identify
any time period during which a consumer's insurance may expire; and
(2) the terms and conditions of the consumer's insurance coverage.
(b) The restrictions provided in subsection (a) of this section do not apply to:
(1) Any data or list the consumer reporting agency supplies to the insurance agent
from whom information was received;
(2) the insurer for whom such agent acted; or
(3) such insurer's affiliates or holding companies.
(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit or restrict any insurer
from obtaining a claims history report or a motor vehicle report.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.