(a) The following parks have been designated as a part of the state park system:
(1) Kanopolis-Mushroom Rock state park in Ellsworth county; (2) Cross Timbers state
park at Toronto Lake in Woodson county; (3) Fall River state park in Greenwood county;
(4) Cedar Bluff state park in Trego county; (5) Tuttle Creek state park in Pottawatomie
and Riley counties; (6) Pomona state park in Osage county; (7) Cheney state park
in Kingman and Reno counties; (8) Lake Crawford state park in Crawford county; (9)
Lovewell state park in Jewell county; (10) Lake Meade state park in Meade county;
(11) Prairie Dog state park in Norton county; (12) Webster state park in Rooks county;
(13) Wilson state park in Russell county; (14) Milford state park in Geary county;
(15) Historic Lake Scott state park in Scott county; (16) Elk City state park in
Montgomery county; (17) Perry state park in Jefferson county; (18) Glen Elder state
park in Mitchell county; (19) El Dorado state park in Butler county; (20) Eisenhower
state park in Osage county; (21) Clinton state park in Douglas and Shawnee counties;
(22) Sand Hills state park in Reno county; (23) Hillsdale state park in Miami county;
(24) Kaw River state park in Shawnee county; (25) Prairie Spirit rail trail state
park in Franklin, Anderson and Allen counties; (26) Flint Hills trail state park
in Miami, Franklin, Osage, Lyon, Morris and Dickinson counties; and (27) Little Jerusalem
Badlands state park in Logan county.
(b) No state park named in subsection (a) shall be removed from the state park system
without legislative approval.
(c) The hours that Kaw River state park in Shawnee county is open to the public may
be limited to those hours that parks of the city of Topeka are open, except that such
state park shall be open at all hours for prescheduled events.
(d) The requirements found in K.S.A. 65-171d(j)(2), and amendments thereto, shall not apply to subsection (a)(25) or (a)(26).
(e) For any state park listed in subsection (a) containing a recreational trail created
pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 1247(d), the Kansas department of wildlife, parks and tourism shall carry out the duties
listed in K.S.A. 58-3212(a)(1) through (a)(11), and amendments thereto.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.