Sec. 2. A law enforcement officer shall forward a written report of each accident investigated
under section 1 of this chapter to the state police department within twenty-four (24) hours after
completing the investigation. The report must contain, if possible, the following information:
(1) The name and address of the owner and operator of each vehicle involved in the
(2) The license number and description of each vehicle involved in the accident.
(3) The time and place the accident occurred.
(4) The name and address of each person injured or killed in the accident.
(5) The name and address of each witness to the accident.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.