Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 4.5. (a) The bureau may adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 concerning the ability of an individual to renew an identification card under section 5 of this chapter, apply for a replacement identification card under section 9 of this chapter, or apply for a replacement identification card under section 6 of this chapter by electronic service. If rules are adopted under this subsection, the rules must provide that an individual's renewal, amendment, or replacement of an identification card by electronic service is subject to the following conditions:
(1) A valid computerized image or digital photograph of the individual must exist within the records of the bureau.
(2) The individual must be a citizen of the United States, as shown in the records of the bureau.
(3) There must not have been any change in the:
(A) legal address; or
of the individual since the issuance or previous renewal of the identification card of the individual.
(4) The identification card of the individual must not be expired more than one hundred eighty (180) days at the time of the application for renewal.
(b) An individual applying for:
(1) the renewal of an identification card; or
(2) a replacement identification card;
must apply in person if the individual is not entitled to apply by mail or by electronic service under rules adopted under subsection (a).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 9. Motor Vehicles § 9-24-16-4.5 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-9-motor-vehicles/in-code-sect-9-24-16-4-5/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.