Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 2. (a) Notwithstanding IC 9-20-3 and IC 9-20-9, and except for length exclusive devices in accordance with 23 CFR 658.13, the following are the maximum limitations on length of a truck-tractor, semitrailer, truck-tractor-semitrailer combination, or truck-tractor-semitrailer-trailer combination:
(1) The maximum length of the semitrailer unit operating in a truck-tractor-semitrailer combination is fifty-three (53) feet, including the vehicle and the load.
(2) The maximum length of the semitrailer unit or trailer operating in a truck-tractor-semitrailer-trailer combination is twenty-eight (28) feet, six (6) inches.
(3) A maximum overall length limit is not imposed on a truck-tractor-semitrailer or truck-tractor-semitrailer-trailer combination.
(4) The maximum length of a maxi-cube vehicle combination is sixty-five (65) feet, and the maximum length of the separable cargo carrying unit is thirty-four (34) feet.
(5) If the combination is used exclusively or primarily in connection with motorsports:
(A) the maximum distance between the kingpin and the rearmost axle of the semitrailer operating in the combination is forty-six (46) feet; and
(B) the maximum length of the semitrailer is fifty-seven (57) feet.
(b) This section does not prohibit the transportation of a motor vehicle or watercraft on part of a truck-tractor.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 9. Motor Vehicles § 9-20-13-2 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-9-motor-vehicles/in-code-sect-9-20-13-2/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.