Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
An applicant for an associate or employee registration certificate shall:
1. Be at least eighteen years of age.
2. Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States who is authorized to seek employment in the United States.
3. Not have been convicted of any felony or currently be under indictment for a felony.
4. Within the five years immediately preceding the application for an associate or employee registration certificate, not have been convicted of any misdemeanor act involving:
(a) Personal violence or force against another person or threatening to commit any act of personal violence or force against another person.
(b) Misconduct involving a deadly weapon as provided in § 13-3102.
(c) Dishonesty or fraud.
(f) Domestic violence.
(g) A violation of title 13, chapter 34 or 34.1 1 or an offense that has the same elements as an offense listed in title 13, chapter 34 or 34.1.
(h) Sexual misconduct.
5. Not be on parole, on community supervision, on work furlough, on home arrest, on release on any other basis or named in an outstanding arrest warrant.
6. Not be serving a term of probation pursuant to a conviction for any act of personal violence or domestic violence, as defined in § 13-3601, or an offense that has the same elements as an offense listed in § 13-3601.
7. Not be either of the following:
(a) Adjudicated mentally incompetent.
(b) Found to constitute a danger to self or others pursuant to § 36-540.
8. Not have a disability as defined in § 41-1461, unless that person is a qualified individual as defined in § 41-1461.
9. Not have been convicted of acting or attempting to act as a private investigator without a license if a license was required.
10. Not be a registered sex offender.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 9. Motor Vehicles § 9-18-2-12 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-9-motor-vehicles/in-code-sect-9-18-2-12/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.