Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 2. (a) The authority granted to the bureau throughout this article extends to the department of state revenue when the department administers transactions under IC 9-17-2, IC 9-17-3, IC 9-18 (before its expiration), or IC 9-18.1. The department's authority includes the following:
(1) Registering vehicles (IC 9-18.1-3 and IC 9-18.1-4).
(2) Withholding registration of a vehicle when the vehicle was used in the commission of a toll violation (IC 9-18.1-3).
(3) Determining the size, character, display, mounting, securing, content, issuance, replacement, and life cycle of license plates, temporary license plates, renewal stickers, and other proof of registration issued by the department (IC 9-18.1-4).
(4) Publishing a schedule of expiration dates (IC 9-18.1-11).
(5) Transferring registration and license plates (IC 9-18.1-11).
(6) Issuing a duplicate license plate that is lost, stolen, or destroyed (IC 9-18.1-11).
(7) Changing ownership information (IC 9-18.1-11).
(8) Issuing temporary permits (IC 9-18.1-12).
(9) Issuing certificates of title (IC 9-17-2).
(b) Plates issued by the department of state revenue remain the property of the department (IC 9-18.1-4).
(c) The department of state revenue may adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 to administer this chapter.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 9. Motor Vehicles § 9-18.1-13-2 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-9-motor-vehicles/in-code-sect-9-18-1-13-2/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.