Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 7. (a) If the authority and the department decide to enter into a contract as authorized under section 6 of this chapter for the purposes enumerated in subsection (b), the authority and the department shall enter into a separate contract for each toll road project or toll bridge.
(b) The contract may be entered into for any or all of the following purposes:
(1) The construction of the toll road project or toll bridge.
(2) The reconstruction of the toll road project or toll bridge.
(3) Improvements to the toll road project or toll bridge.
(4) The maintenance of the toll road project or toll bridge.
(5) Repairs to the toll road project or toll bridge.
(6) The operation of the toll road project or toll bridge.
(c) In addition to the provisions required to be included under section 6 of this chapter, the contract must include the following:
(1) A provision for the collection of tolls and their deposit in a designated depository to the account of the authority or to the account of a trustee in accordance with any applicable trust agreement.
(2) A provision for the purchase by the department on behalf of the authority of property, machinery, and equipment required to carry out the contract, along with provision that such property, machines, and equipment:
(A) remain the property of the authority;
(B) shall be maintained by the department;
(C) shall be identified as the property of the authority;
(D) shall be used exclusively in connection with the performance of the contract; and
(E) shall be accounted for by the department to the authority at specified times.
(3) A provision authorizing the department to enter into contracts with third parties for carrying out the contract and requiring all such contracts to be in the name of the department but performed on behalf of the authority.
(4) A provision requiring the department to:
(A) maintain records and books of account reflecting the receipts and disbursements under the contract and the assets of the authority relating to the toll road project or toll bridge; and
(B) prepare or have prepared all books, records, and any reports required to be prepared, maintained, or delivered under any applicable trust agreement.
(5) Provisions for the payment by the authority to the department of:
(A) the cost of construction, reconstruction, or improvement undertaken under the contract; and
(B) the cost of maintenance, repair, and operation under the contract.
These costs include all costs incurred by the department in the performance of the contracts (such as salaries, wages, and associated costs of department personnel attributable to performance of the contract).
(6) Provisions for the payment to the department from time to time of funds necessary to maintain a revolving fund balance of not less than two hundred thousand dollars ($200,000) to be used in paying costs incurred under the contract so that the department is not required to advance funds for the cost of performance.
(7) A provision stating that the contract is for a term of not more than two (2) years and is extended for successive two (2) year periods, unless either party gives notice of its intention to terminate the contract not later than six (6) months before the end of a two (2) year term.
(8) Such other terms and conditions as the authority and the department consider appropriate.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 8. Utilities and Transportation § 8-9.5-8-7 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-8-utilities-and-transportation/in-code-sect-8-9-5-8-7/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.