Sec. 1. The purposes of this compact are, through joint or cooperative action, to:
(1) promote development and implementation of improvements to intercity passenger
rail service in the Midwest;
(2) coordinate interaction among Midwestern state elected officials and their designees
on passenger rail issues;
(3) promote development and implementation of long range plans for high speed rail
passenger service in the Midwest and among other regions of the United States;
(4) work with the public and private sectors at the federal, state, and local levels
to ensure coordination among the various entities having an interest in passenger
rail service and to promote Midwestern interests regarding passenger rail service;
(5) support efforts of transportation agencies involved in developing and implementing
passenger rail service in the Midwest.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.