Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 2. The department may acquire real property for any purpose necessary to carry out this article, including the following:
(1) To locate, relocate, construct, reconstruct, repair, or maintain a state highway, including area for:
(A) the placement of a utility facility within the right-of-way of the state highway system; or
(B) the relocation of a utility facility within the right-of-way of the state highway system due to interference with a highway improvement project.
(2) To widen or straighten a highway.
(3) To clear and remove obstructions to vision at crossings and curves.
(4) To construct weigh stations and rest areas.
(5) To provide scenic easements and other areas necessary to cooperate with the federal government or carry out a federal law.
(6) To facilitate long-range transportation planning.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 8. Utilities and Transportation § 8-23-7-2 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-8-utilities-and-transportation/in-code-sect-8-23-7-2/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.