Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 2. (a) As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) “Airport” means any location on land, water or upon any building or other structure which is used for the landing and taking off of aircraft, which provides for the shelter, supply or care of aircraft, or a place used for receiving or discharging passengers or cargo by air.
(2) “Airport facility” includes the following: lands, access roads, parking facilities, railroad siding facilities, snow removal or impacting equipment, fire and ambulance equipment, motor vehicles, apparatus or equipment for disseminating weather information, for signaling, for radio directional finding or for radio or other electrical communication, any structure or mechanism for guiding or controlling flight in the air or the landing and take-off of aircraft or otherwise in aid of air navigation, piers, docks, wharves, warehouses, sheds, transit sheds, elevators, compressors, refrigeration, storage plants, hangars, shops, buildings, structures and other facilities, appurtenances and equipment necessary or useful in connection with the operation of a modern airport and every kind of terminal or storage structure or facility designed for use in the handling, storage, loading or unloading of freight or passengers at airports, and every kind of transportation facility designed for use in connection with an airport. The term “airport facility” includes the term “airport”.
(3) “Commissioner” refers to the commissioner of the department.
(4) “Cost”, as applied to an airport facility, includes the cost of construction; the cost of acquisition of all land, rights-of-way, property, rights, easements and interests acquired by the authority for the construction; the cost of demolishing or removing buildings or structures on land so acquired, including the cost of acquiring lands to which buildings or structures may be moved; the cost of relocating public roads, railroads, public utility facilities, including the cost of land or easements, the cost of all machinery and equipment, financing charges, interest prior to and during construction and for not exceeding two (2) years after the estimated date of completion of construction; cost of engineering, architectural and legal expenses, plans, specifications, surveys, estimates of traffic and revenues; other expenses necessary or incident to determining the feasibility or practicability of constructing any airport facility; administrative expenses; and other expenses as are necessary or incident to the construction of an airport facility, the financing of the construction, and the placing of the airport facility in operation. The term includes the payment or reimbursement of obligations incurred or loans or advances made by or to the department for any of the foregoing. The cost of an airport facility may include, instead of the cost of the acquisition of the land constituting the site of such facility, the value of the land as determined by the department. The proceeds of revenue bonds representing the value of the land shall be deposited in the “Airport Fund”.
(5) “Current expenses” means the department's reasonable and necessary costs of maintaining, repairing and operating the projects and includes all administrative expenses, insurance premiums, engineering expenses relating to operation and maintenance, legal expenses, charges of the paying agents, taxes lawfully imposed on the department or its income or operations or the property under its control and reserves for taxes and payments in lieu of taxes, ordinary and usual expenses of maintenance and repair, including expenses not annually recurring, expenses incurred in the performance of the powers under this chapter and other expenses required to be paid by the department under a trust agreement securing revenue bonds or by law. The term does not include any allowance for depreciation or transfers to the credit of the sinking fund for the revenue bonds.
(6) “Department” refers to the Indiana department of transportation.
(7) “Existing airport facilities” means the properties which are acquired by the department from public or private entities under this chapter.
(8) “Project” means the existing airport facilities or any airport facility acquired, constructed, controlled or operated by the department, together with all property, rights, easements and interest appertaining to the facility, acquired for the construction or operation of the facility.
(b) Other words and phrases when used in this chapter shall, for the purposes of this chapter, have the meanings found in IC 8-21-1, except as otherwise provided in this chapter.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 8. Utilities and Transportation § 8-21-9-2 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-8-utilities-and-transportation/in-code-sect-8-21-9-2/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.