Sec. 8. (a) As used in this section, “broadband adoption” refers to an agreement by a customer to subscribe to broadband services that are:
(1) offered by a communications service provider; and
(2) available to the customer.
(b) A unit that wishes to be certified as a broadband ready community must establish
a procedure to promote broadband adoption in the unit after the unit is certified
as a broadband ready community. The procedure must include the following:
(1) A single point of contact in charge of broadband adoption in the unit.
(2) An assurance that each communications service provider that already provides broadband
services in the unit will be notified that the unit is applying to be a broadband
(3) An assurance that the unit will work with communications service providers to
promote broadband adoption in the unit.
(c) A procedure established under subsection (b) may not do the following:
(1) Discriminate among communications service providers with respect to promoting
broadband adoption in the unit.
(2) Impose a fee on communications service providers to fund promotion of broadband
adoption in the unit.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.