Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 2. (a) There is established a board of directors to govern the bank. The powers of the bank are vested in this board.
(b) The board is composed of five (5) directors appointed by the mayor of the city.
(c) Each of the five (5) directors appointed by the mayor:
(1) must be a resident of the county;
(2) serves for a term of three (3) years and until a successor is appointed and qualified;
(3) is eligible for reappointment;
(4) shall serve without compensation, but is entitled to reimbursement for traveling expenses and other expenses, actually incurred in connection with the director's duties;
(5) may be removed for cause by the mayor; and
(6) may not be an officer or employee of:
(A) the city;
(B) the county; or
(C) any qualified entity.
(d) Any vacancy on the board, other than by expiration of term, shall be filled by appointment of the mayor for the unexpired term only.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 5. State and Local Administration § 5-1.4-2-2 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-5-state-and-local-administration/in-code-sect-5-1-4-2-2/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?