Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 2. In construing this article, it is the intent of the general assembly that the following policies be carried out:
(1) That the lottery games be operated by the state lottery commission, which is created by IC 4-30-3 as a separate body politic and corporate from state government and should function as much as possible as an entrepreneurial business enterprise.
(2) That the general assembly recognizes that the operation of a lottery is a unique activity for state government and that policies and procedures appropriate for the performance of other governmental functions are not necessarily appropriate for the operation of a lottery.
(3) That the lottery games be operated as a self-supporting revenue raising operation.
(4) That the commission be accountable to the general assembly and the people of Indiana through a system of audits and reports and by complying with financial disclosure, open meetings, and public record laws.
(5) That the commission ensure the equitable participation of minorities and women in all phases of the lottery, including instant game and on-line retailers and vendors. The commission shall establish annual goals:
(A) for the use of minority and women's business enterprises (as defined in IC 4-13-16.5-1) in construction, professional services, other services, and supplies; and
(B) derived from a statistical analysis of utilization study of lottery contracts that are required to be updated every five (5) years.
The commission shall, in cooperation with the Indiana department of administration, adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 to ensure that the goals set under this subdivision are met.
(6) That lottery game advertising and promotion shall be consistent with the dignity and integrity of the state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 4. State Offices and Administration § 4-30-1-2 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-4-state-offices-and-administration/in-code-sect-4-30-1-2/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?