Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 1. The following definitions apply throughout this article:
(1) “Benefit, promote, or further the interests of a terrorist organization” means to commit a felony or misdemeanor that would cause a reasonable person to believe results in:
(A) a benefit to a terrorist organization or a member of a terrorist organization;
(B) the promotion of a terrorist organization; or
(C) furthering the interests of a terrorist organization.
(2) “Identifying information” has the meaning set forth in IC 35-43-5-1.
(3) “Purpose of increasing a person's own standing or position within a terrorist organization” means committing a felony or misdemeanor that would cause a reasonable person to believe results in increasing the person's standing or position within a terrorist organization.
(4) “Terrorism” has the meaning set forth in IC 35-31.5-2-329.
(5) “Terrorist organization” means a formal or informal group with at least three (3) members that specifically:
(i) promotes, sponsors, or assists in;
(ii) participates in; or
(iii) has as one (1) of its goals;
(B) requires as a condition of membership or continued membership the commission of an act of terrorism, or the commission of a misdemeanor or felony, to assist in the commission of an act of terrorism.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 35. Criminal Law and Procedure § 35-46.5-1-1 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-35-criminal-law-and-procedure/in-code-sect-35-46-5-1-1/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?