Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 5. (a) A person initiating an action under this chapter to abate a nuisance existing on a property shall, at least forty-five (45) days before filing the action, provide notice to:
(1) each tenant of the property; and
(2) the owner of record;
that a nuisance exists on the property.
(b) The notice required under this section must specify the following:
(1) The date and time the nuisance was first discovered.
(2) The location on the property where the nuisance is allegedly occurring.
(c) The notice must be:
(1) hand delivered; or
(2) sent by certified mail;
to each tenant and the owner of record.
(d) A person initiating an action to abate a nuisance under this chapter shall:
(1) when notice is provided under this section, produce all evidence in the person's possession or control of the existence of the nuisance; and
(2) if requested by the owner, assist the owner in the production of witness and physical evidence.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 32. Property § 32-30-8-5 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-32-property/in-code-sect-32-30-8-5/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.