Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 2. (a) As used in this chapter, “transfer fee” means a fee or charge that:
(1) is required under a transfer fee covenant; and
(2) is payable:
(A) upon the transfer of an interest in real property; or
(B) for the right to make or accept a transfer of an interest in real property;
regardless of whether the fee or charge is in a fixed amount or is determined as a percentage of the value of the property, of the purchase price of the property, or of any consideration given for the transfer of the property.
(b) The term does not include any of the following:
(1) Any consideration payable by the transferee to the transferor for the interest in the real property being transferred, including any consideration payable for a separate mineral estate and its appurtenant surface access rights.
(2) Any commission to a real estate broker licensed under IC 25-34.1 payable:
(A) in connection with the transfer of an interest in real property; and
(B) under an agreement between the real estate broker and the transferor or transferee.
(3) Any interest, charges, fees, or other amounts payable by a borrower to a lender under a loan secured by a mortgage against an interest in real property, including the following:
(A) Any fee payable to the lender for consenting to an assumption of the loan or to a transfer of the property interest subject to the mortgage.
(B) Any fees or charges payable to the lender for estoppel letters or certificates.
(C) Any other consideration allowed by law and payable to the lender in connection with the loan.
(4) Any rent, reimbursement, charge, fee, or other amount payable by a lessee to a lessor under a lease, including any fee payable to the lessor for consenting to an assignment, subletting, encumbrance, or transfer of the lease.
(5) Any consideration payable to the holder of:
(A) an option to purchase an interest in real property; or
(B) a right of first refusal or first offer to purchase an interest in real property;
for waiving, releasing, or not exercising the option or right upon the transfer of the property interest to another person.
(6) Any tax, fee, charge, assessment, fine, or other amount payable to or imposed by a governmental entity.
(7) Any fee, charge, assessment, fine, or other amount payable to:
(A) a homeowners association;
(B) a condominium association;
(C) a cooperative association;
(D) a mobile home association;
(E) another property owners association; or
(F) an agent representing an association described in clauses (A) through (E);
under a covenant, law, or contract applicable to the association.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 32. Property § 32-21-14-2 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-32-property/in-code-sect-32-21-14-2/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.