Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 6. (a) The report required by section 5 of this chapter must, to the extent possible, include the following:
(1) The former environment and antecedents of the child.
(2) The fitness of the child for adoption.
(3) The suitability of the proposed home for the child.
(b) The report may not contain any of the following:
(1) Information concerning the financial condition of the prospective adoptive parents.
(2) A recommendation that a request for a subsidy be denied in whole or in part due to the financial condition of the prospective adoptive parents.
(c) The criminal history information required under IC 31-19-2-7.5 must accompany the report.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 31. Family Law and Juvenile Law § 31-19-8-6 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-31-family-law-and-juvenile-law/in-code-sect-31-19-8-6/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?