Skip to main content

Indiana Code Title 31. Family Law and Juvenile Law § 31-17-5-10

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Sec. 10. If the marriage of the child's parents has been dissolved in another state, the child's maternal or paternal grandparent may seek visitation rights if:

(1) the custody decree entered in the action for dissolution of marriage does not bind the grandparent under IC 31-21-3-1 (or IC 31-17-3-12 before its repeal);  and

(2) an Indiana court would have jurisdiction under IC 31-21-5-1 (or IC 31-17-3-3 before its repeal), IC 31-21-5-2, or IC 31-21-5-3 (or IC 31-17-3-14 before its repeal) to grant visitation rights to the grandparent in a modification decree.

Cite this article: - Indiana Code Title 31. Family Law and Juvenile Law § 31-17-5-10 - last updated June 08, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard