Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 1. A paternity action may be filed by the following persons:
(1) The mother or expectant mother.
(2) A man alleging that:
(A) he is the child's biological father; or
(B) he is the expectant father of an unborn child.
(3) The mother and a man alleging that he is her child's biological father, filing jointly.
(4) The expectant mother and a man alleging that he is the biological father of her unborn child, filing jointly.
(5) A child.
(6) If paternity of a child has not been established, the department by filing an action under this article for a child who is the subject of a child in need of services proceeding.
(7) If the paternity of a child has not been established:
(A) the department; or
(B) a prosecuting attorney operating under an agreement or contract with the department described in IC 31-25-4-13.1.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 31. Family Law and Juvenile Law § 31-14-4-1 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-31-family-law-and-juvenile-law/in-code-sect-31-14-4-1/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.