Sec. 12 . (a) This section does not apply to:
(1) a member of the general assembly; or
(2) a candidate's committee of a member of the general assembly;
with respect to an office other than a legislative office or a state office to which the member seeks election.
(b) As used in this section, “affected person” refers to any of the following:
(1) An individual who holds a legislative office.
(2) A candidate for a legislative office.
(3) An individual who holds a state office.
(4) A candidate for a state office.
(c) As used in this section, “prohibited period” means the period:
(1) beginning on the day in January in each odd-numbered year the general assembly reconvenes under IC 2-2.1-1-2 ; and
(2) through the day the general assembly adjourns sine die in an odd-numbered year under IC 2-2.1-1-2 .
(d) During the prohibited period, an affected person, an affected person's candidate's committee, and a legislative caucus committee may not do any of the following:
(1) Solicit campaign contributions.
(2) Accept campaign contributions.
(3) Conduct other fundraising activities. This subdivision does not prohibit an affected person from participating in party activities conducted by a regular party committee.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.