Indiana Code Title 3. Elections § 3-8-4-2
Search Indiana Code
Sec. 2 . (a) A political party shall conduct a state convention to nominate the candidates of the political party for the following offices to be voted on at the next general election:
(1) Lieutenant governor.
(2) Secretary of state.
(3) Auditor of state.
(4) Treasurer of state.
(5) Attorney general.
(6) Superintendent of public instruction. This subdivision does not apply after December 31, 2020.
(b) The convention may also:
(1) nominate candidates for presidential electors and alternate presidential electors; and
(2) elect the delegates and alternate delegates to the national convention of the political party.
(c) If a political party's state convention does not:
(1) nominate candidates for presidential electors and alternate presidential electors; or
(2) elect the delegates and alternate delegates to the national convention of the political party;
the candidates shall be nominated or the delegates elected as provided in the state party's rules.
Read this complete Indiana Code Title 3. Elections § 3-8-4-2 on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.