Indiana Code Title 27. Insurance § 27-1-38-10
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 10. (a) A depository institution that solicits, sells, advertises, or offers insurance, a depository institution's affiliate that solicits, sells, advertises, or offers insurance, or a person that sells, solicits, advertises, or offers insurance on behalf of a depository institution shall obtain from a customer to whom a disclosure is made under section 9 of this chapter a written acknowledgment of receipt of the disclosure:
(1) when the customer receives the disclosure; or
(2) at the time of the initial purchase of the insurance.
(b) If a solicitation for insurance is conducted by telephone, the depository institution, the affiliate of a depository institution, or the person that sells, solicits, advertises, or offers insurance on behalf of a depository institution shall:
(1) obtain an oral acknowledgment of receipt of the disclosure;
(2) maintain documentation to show that the acknowledgment was given by the customer; and
(3) make reasonable efforts to obtain a written acknowledgment from the customer.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 27. Insurance § 27-1-38-10 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-27-insurance/in-code-sect-27-1-38-10/
Was this helpful?