Indiana Code Title 25. Professions and Occupations § 25-34.1-9-22
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 22. (a) Each instructor of a continuing education course under this chapter must have a permit issued by the commission.
(b) An instructor permit under subsection (a) must:
(1) be issued for a term of three (3) years and, subject to IC 25-1-2-6(e), expire on a date set by the licensing agency; and
(2) automatically expire if not renewed by the end of the permit period.
(c) An instructor issued a permit under subsection (a), must meet the following requirements:
(1) Be a licensed real estate broker or attorney licensed in Indiana, or an expert in the field working in conjunction with a licensed real estate broker or licensed attorney.
(2) Each year, complete four (4) hours of continuing education approved by the commission and specific to providing real estate instruction. Hours earned under this subdivision may be used toward the completion of the continuing education requirement for a broker under IC 25-34.1-9-11.
(3) Pay applicable fees established under rules adopted by the commission under IC 4-22-2.
(4) Meet any additional requirements established by the commission under rules adopted under IC 4-22-2.
(d) If a permit expires under subsection (b)(2), to return to active status, the instructor must:
(1) successfully complete continuing education requirements set by the commission;
(2) file a renewal application;
(3) pay a renewal fee under rules adopted by the commission under IC 4-22-2; and
(4) pay any applicable late fees established under rules adopted by the commission under IC 4-22-2.
(e) Instructors approved by the commission before July 1, 2013, shall be exempted from the requirement under subsection (c)(1).
(f) The commission may deny, suspend, or revoke approval of any instructor permit issued under this chapter if the commission determines that the instructor has failed to comply with the standards established in this chapter and the rules of the commission.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 25. Professions and Occupations § 25-34.1-9-22 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-25-professions-and-occupations/in-code-sect-25-34-1-9-22/
Was this helpful?