Indiana Code Title 25. Professions and Occupations § 25-33-1-9
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 9. (a) The board shall issue a license to practice psychology to an individual who:
(1) applies in the manner required by the board;
(2) pays a fee;
(3) is at least eighteen (18) years of age;
(4) has not been convicted of a crime that has a direct bearing on the individual's ability to practice competently;
(5) holds, at the time of application, a valid license or certificate as a psychologist from another state;
(6) possesses a doctoral degree from a recognized postsecondary educational institution;
(7) has successfully completed:
(A) a degree program that would have been approved by the board at the time the individual was licensed or certified in the other state; or
(B) if the individual was licensed or certified in the other state before July 1, 1969, a degree program that satisfied the educational requirements of the board in effect January 4, 1971;
(8) has practiced psychology continuously since being licensed or certified;
(9) if the individual was licensed or certified by the other state:
(A) after September 30, 1972, has taken the Examination for the Professional Practice of Psychology and achieved the passing score required by the board at the time the examination was administered; or
(B) before January 1, 1990, and the other state required an examination other than the Examination for the Professional Practice of Psychology, and the individual achieved a passing score in the other state at the time of licensure or certification;
(10) has passed an examination administered by the board that covers Indiana law related to the practice of psychology; and
(11) is not in violation of this chapter or rules adopted under this chapter.
(b) The board may adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 concerning the issuance of a license under this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 25. Professions and Occupations § 25-33-1-9 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-25-professions-and-occupations/in-code-sect-25-33-1-9/
Was this helpful?