Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 6. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b), a criminal history provider may not knowingly provide a criminal history report that provides criminal history information relating to the following:
(1) A record that has been expunged by:
(A) marking the record as expunged; or
(B) removing the record from public access.
(2) A record that is restricted by a court or the rules of a court and is marked as restricted from public disclosure or removed from public access.
(3) A record indicating a conviction of a Class D felony (for a crime committed before July 1, 2014) or a Level 6 felony (for a crime committed after June 30, 2014) if the Class D felony or Level 6 felony conviction:
(A) has been entered as a Class A misdemeanor conviction; or
(B) has been converted to a Class A misdemeanor conviction.
(4) A record that the criminal history provider knows is inaccurate.
(b) A criminal history provider may provide information described in subsection (a)(1) through (a)(3) if the person requesting the criminal history report is:
(1) required by state or federal law to obtain the information; or
(2) the state or a political subdivision, and the information will be used solely in connection with the issuance of a public bond.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 24. Trade Regulation § 24-4-18-6 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-24-trade-regulation/in-code-sect-24-4-18-6/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.