Skip to main content

Indiana Code Title 24. Trade Regulation § 24-2-1-14

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Sec. 14. (a) An owner of a mark registered under this chapter may bring an action to enjoin the use of any mark in violation of section 13 of this chapter and the manufacture, display, or sale of any goods or services identified by the mark and a court of competent jurisdiction may grant an injunction to restrain the use of the mark and the manufacture, display, or sale of the goods or services as the court considers just and reasonable.

(b)?A court may:

(1)?require a defendant to pay to the owner of a mark all:

(A)?profits derived from; ?and

(B)?damages suffered by reason of;

the wrongful manufacture, display, or sale of the goods or services; ?and

(2)?order that the goods or item bearing the mark in the possession or under the control of a defendant in the case be delivered to an officer of the court or to the complainant to be destroyed.

(c)?In addition to amounts a court may award under subsection (b), a court may enter judgment for:

(1)?an amount not to exceed the greater of:

(A)?three (3) times the profits derived from; ?or

(B)?three (3) times the damages suffered by reason of;

the intentional use of a counterfeit mark, knowing it to be a counterfeit in connection with the goods or services for which the mark is registered; ?and

(2)?in exceptional cases, reasonable attorney's fees to the prevailing party.

(d)?The invocation of a right or remedy in this chapter does not affect a registrant's right to prosecution under a penal law.

Cite this article: - Indiana Code Title 24. Trade Regulation § 24-2-1-14 - last updated June 08, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard